Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're off!



Well, we're all packed up and ready to leave tomorrow morning. My bike is really...heavy. It sure looks like it means business though. We didn't actually ride today, other than back and forth in front of the house a few times. We were pretty busy with food shopping and packing and map studying and stuff. I am quite happy with my selection of gear and what everything weighs. I wanted to keep it under 40 p0unds including a few days food (not including clothing worn) and I managed that. I could have gone a little lighter but I wanted to make sure that I had enough clothing to ride comfortably in the crappy weather that we've been having. I also wanted to have my netbook to update the blog and keep track of all the cool things that happen. I created a packing list and I think I stayed pretty true to it, so if you're interested you can check it out here.

Now I'm off to try and get some sleep. Tomorrow might prove to be tiring, you never know. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment