Saturday, August 29, 2009

Need Drywall Work? Don't Call Green Mountain

I had a run in with particular drywall company the other day on my bike ride home from work. Green Mountain Drywall, was what the truck said. I didn't get a license plate number because I was fighting for survival, but it was a white pickup truck with green lettering. The driver got right next to me and scared the hell out of me by blasting his horn. I jumped and swerved and almost crashed into him. I was going about 40 mph downhill at the time. I should call the company and complain but I probably won't. I'm more the passive aggressive type. I'll just do everything I can to ruin their business. For years to come. See, I once drove a vehicle with lots of logos on it for a living and I was always conscious of the fact that everything I did in that vehicle reflected on my employer. From a practical standpoint, what this meant, was that I could be fired for driving like an asshole. This bit of information was apparently lost on Mr. drywall taper/hanger guy. The other thing that this genius probably didn't take into account is that the homo in the tight shorts riding his bike on a road clearly meant for motor vehicles only might be a contractor in the building trades. And therein lies the beauty of passive aggression.

No comments:

Post a Comment